Thursday, April 28, 2011

burning question of the week.....it's been so long....so very long.

do you remember this? the question of little relevance that i like to ask once a week? i decided to dust it off and try it out again, cause it's just so darn fun to waller in some irrelvance once in awhile.
so here it is:
What is one or two things that have inspired you lately? and what are you going to do about it?

a: (1) the fields around my house are green as can be. (despite the AW.FUL. weather) and my first garden is coming to life in my kitchen. i've got tomatoes, (a boatload fave food ever ya know) 5 kinds of peppers, califlower, cucumbers, and herbs already started. can't wait to see if i can acutally harvest something.......


and (2) so i am sitting in relief society one day, trying really hard to pay attention and not let my mind wander, which is ironic, because the lesson was really good and i think i have religious ADHD....anyway. i was trying to focus my wandering gaze by dragging it back across the room to the teacher and along the way my eyes caught hold of this saying on the chalkboard.
"what would you do if you could not fail?"
holy crap i know exactly what i should be doing. but i am afraid of failing. i am afraid i will, quite frankly suck at it. i've been writing a book that has been in my head for about 5 or 6 years. i have finished 5 paragraphs. but those words hit me so hard that day. and so i've been writing more, and wasting time less. i'm playing around with the idea of posting the chapters here for my good friends to read as i go....SCARY!
ahhhhhahahahahah!!!
so any way....answer away! what is inspiring you?

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I'm so glad the question is back! I feel inspired by learning how to fight. I mean real mixed martial arts fighting. I have my own boxing gloves and hand wraps. I know how to spar and I feel like if I ever needed to defend myself or anyone else I would at least have the confidence to do it. Plus, I can go and get all my frustrations out in one hour and come home the happiest Mom and wife you ever saw!! I love it.

Mary Monster Mary said...

I don't know how I missed this post back in April but I'm dying to read your book. We miss you all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...