Saturday, August 30, 2008

BYU, sunset, rocks, and a really cute fishie

What I wouldn't give to be at a game in provo this fall. Just love it. The crisp air, the crazy fans, cougar chants. sigh. So today we just had to settle for watchin' it on the internet, (which I didn't actually, too much to do, which could qualify as a whole post explaining that i am still a huge sports fan despite the fact that having four children, and a husband has put said sports way down on my list of priorities, sigh again.) Here's some more stuff we did this weekend.
We took a drive last night around the Air Force Base land. This is six mile lake. It was filled with silver salmon that had turned pink just in time for spawning, it was way awesome and it reminds me of my favorite deep thought by jack handy. Ahemm. ...... "As I sit here watching the sunset turn from salmon to flint, I think of my pet salmon that I named Flint."

One day I will name a pet Flint.






Today we went to a giant rock pile to scavenge for lawn ornaments. The kids had a bawl and got really dirty, just the way I like 'em.




See the tiny rocks on the edge next to the big rocks? Those are Jace's contribution. He just stood there and carefully put them in.




Speaking of Jace, he was really dirty after all that rock haulin' Can you tell he loves to have his hair done? I did it myself, I call it "fish gills" and it is "shear genius" if I do say so.

oh my gosh i bet you are just squishing your screen aren't you? that's pure joy people. it only lasts until yer two.

19 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
mags said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenny said...

I'm glad we could help Mike out so he can watch all the BYU games. I guess my life is now scheduled around sports until when, next May or June? I've given up on watching the games. I just watch the kids (actually last night I went shopping in Santa Fe with my girlfriends.)

Anyway...Jace is a cutie! Those are some nice rocks. We have rocks all over our house now (our front yard is xeriscaped, so we have plenty).

Kritta22 said...

I love it! I love your lawn figures too! We had a huge rock, about 4 ft around, in our backyard growing up, that looked like a bowling ball. It even had three holes on top! :)
By the way I think Jace is the second cutest 1 yo around! :)

Adri said...

You got it right...there is just something magical about one-year-olds. I found some photos of Kate between 15 months and 19 months just yesterday, and I just wanted to reach in there and snatch her back. I'm so glad we have LOTS of pictures!

Story Family said...

I WAS squishing my screen! What a cutie! And that grin of delight. Wonderful. And the fish gill hair-do wasn't bad either. Beautiful lake.

Aundrea said...

I love college football season, but I have to admit that I'm a total College Football Widow too...I guess I'm just not as big a fan and my hubby:)

Love the deep thoughts! Why did they stop doing those?

And, the fish gills? He's such a cutie!

Shannon said...

Haha! Gotta love that hairdo. What a cutie. When we move to Utah we will be going to lots of BYU games. Can't wait!

Mary Monster Mary said...

Adorable picture of Jace. Sounds like a wonderful day. So many things shift on that priority list dont' they.

Scott and Haley said...

Oh how I wish Jace and Lilly could play! He is the cutiest little kid.
I have to say, from my own experiance with Lilly, that life for a child is the greatest when exploring the world of rocks. Lilly loves rocks. She tries to pick up the rocks that are in the asfault on the road. We had a rock in our home that kept popping up and I swore I threw it away but I would find it a couple of days later in some corner of some room. I finally threw out in the field.

Melinda said...

I didn't know you were a huge sports fan...have you always been, or is it a matter of survival living with Mike? The rock pile looks like a "pile" of good, dirty fun and I love Jace's mini-contribution. So, do you think you'd be willing to do MY hair sometime...you have such an unusual style, sort of Dr. Seuss-ian! Jace IS so cute.

tris said...

jace is so so cute. That mouth is so judi...love it. With all those rocks all you needed was some water to throw them in. New Mexico must have a shortage of rocks...not sand though...because I would pay a small fortune for that van full of beauties. Love you and miss you. What is up with the deleted comments...hmmm?

tris said...

i forgot to mention that when i showed emmy those pictures of jace i asked her, "who do you think that is." She said, "i think i know who she is but i can't remember her name." he he

King Family said...

jace=cute
judi family=fun adventures in alaska land.

Abby said...

Shocker #1 - I found Maggie!

Shocker #2 - she has 4 kids now!!

Shocker #3 - she lives in Alaska??!!

Kids are precious! You're still hilarious! And I miss you, friend!

Nicole said...

*adding on cause Abby sent me your blog address*

HEGGO MAGGIE!!!

Your family has grown so much! What a beautiful bunch!

~Nicole

mags said...

nicole and abby!! so great to hear from you!! if you see this again, i need your blog addresses! please please, i need to see how you're doing!

Nicole said...

I'm sure your kids slept well that night after having fun collecting rocks! Which brings me to the next question...how will you use them in your yard? Jeff sure misses his BYU buddy this time of year! Go Cougs!!!

P.S. Jace is a Judi through and through! Aren't 1-year olds the funnest?!?!?!

Nicole said...

Hey Maggs! Abby is being totally lame and not blogging. But she is on Facebook if you have an account there. I am pretty much everwhere. (Soo many social networking sites, so little time!) LOL My family blog is:

(Don't laugh...)

www.makethepathwaybright.com

(you laughed didn't you.)

*kisses*
Nicole

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...