Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Kethcup Packets

Stay with me people, this is going to be a tad painful.
The other day I was nonchalantly getting ready to use the facilities. As I gently parked my self down upon the toilet seat, I heard a great CRACK!

"Oh, my word," thought I, "It has finally happened, I have busted the toilet seat."

Upon my removal from said facilities, I rose to find a suspicious substance splattered all around the toilet. I lifted up the toilet seat to get a closer inspection, only to find two exploded ketchup packets, obviously placed with some delicate care by the placer.

The culprit? Well I naturally assumed it to be my fun loving husband, and spent most of the day chuckling about his funny joke. But when I asked Austin if he knew anything about ketchup packets, (assuming, again, that dad had shared his funny joke) Austin replied, "Nope I don't, but Quinton put some on your toilet!"

Quinton?!!! Seriously!! It just cracks me right up all over again to think that a 7 year old came up with that trick. I met him at the door upon his arrival from school and said, "I had an interesting experience on the toilet today." Where upon he burst into hysterics and shouted, "you thought you broke the toilet!!!"

By the way, apparently he DID NOT come up with that trick on his own. Don't ever let your kids read a book called Capt. Underpants.

PS I just reread this and apologize for all the "where upon's, and naturally's" I just watched Pride and Predjudice and Emma. I think it is time for a vacation from all things Victorian.

19 comments:

annelisa said...

That is too funny! I think my friends and I did that when we were teenagers at McDonalds. Tell Quinton that was a great trick!

The Peake Family said...

That is so funny. I can’t stop laughing…I can just picture your face when you thought you broke the toilet and also his face when you asked him about it!! Quite the little jokester(:

Travis and Jamie said...

So funny!! Ofcourse he has two crazy people for parents, so it is apparent where he gets his humor. And I am with you on watching those movies. I actually dream in "old english" for a couple of days after.

Jenny said...

Dave told me about this. I thought for sure that it was Mike that had done it, but what a surprise that it was Quinton! How funny! What a great story.

Jami said...

That made me laugh so hard! I had to appreciate the thinking of
"I finally broke the toilet seat" Women have funny thoughts!

Jessie said...

Laughing, laughing, laughing all the way home! It is amazing what kids can get from a book!

Adri said...

This is too funny! Thanks for the warning...my kids saw a picture of Captain Underpants in the Scholastic book order and can't stop giggling just about his NAME!

Mary Monster Mary said...

Hair-lari-e-ous! I considered checking out those books but now I know why I should not. :) Fun story.

Story Family said...

What a cute little trickster! Every single time we go to the library my boys try to sneak those darn Captain Underpants books in the bag to check out. I have officially banned those things! I can't believe someone is making money off that stuff....

Go for the Ricky Ricotta books by the same author. No toilet humor and the boys LOVE them. Much better.

Meagan said...

You definately have funny kids. I can just hear Quinton laughing. How fun and thanks for letting me know which books not to read.

Deanna said...

That is so dang funny!! :o)

Just wait until he starts bringing home books full of knock-knock jokes...if he hasn't already... (ugh)

Melinda said...

I LOVE it LOVE it LOVE it. Quinton rules to pull off a joke like that at such a tender age! Imagine his anticipation all day at school thinking of all his planning coming to fruition and he's stuck at school....Oh, the torture. GREAT story!

Strupp Family said...

Oh man, I don't know that I've laughed that hard in a long time, Maggie. Maybe you should just go ahead and have your blog be all short stories--it doesn't matter if they are fiction or non-fiction. I just really love the way you tell them. He is a funny kid, by the way. I wonder what he has in store next for you.

Strupp Family said...

This is really just a reply to your comment on my blog--am I supposed to reply on my own blog? Well, since I'm here...

That is so great that Avery still remembers me! That is pretty good because she was only 2! What a cute kid.

We need to get together sometime. Tyler was watching some cartoon the other day and said something about Quinton liking this cartoon. I was kind of surprised by that too, since I don't know that he's heard Quinton's name in the last year. And then he started reminiscing about when he would go play with Austin and catch worms, etc...what good memories kids have. I can't remember last week. Your family is just so great. We need to live close to each other sometime.

Nicole said...

I had no idea Quinton was such a prankster! I guess you can rest assured that Quinton has excellent comprehension skills!!! :)

Brady and Kariann said...

That made my day, I needed a good laugh!! So funny.

King Family said...

I love it, he is a little teaser, naturally, he is a boyle. :)

Lindsay AJ said...

I git what ya mean missy! When er I read somthin I start fixin to talk like that too. "These is my words" has affected me sompin fierce. We will be avoidin Capen Underdrawers in this here haws!

Jamie said...

that's pretty dang funny! who would have thought the day would come when you'd have to hovercraft over the toilets in your own home! you just can't be too careful these days!

i will be adding this to my april fools ideas!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...