Sunday, June 1, 2008

A bawling sandwich



Diary of a Great Vacation.... Thanks for coming Grandma and Grandpa!















At our house today, we are mourning the leaving of Grandma and Grandpa. We had'nt seen them for almost a year, so when they came we cried and after a wonderful week of adventure, laughing, and overeating, we cried again when they left. Thus I have dubbed the whole affair the "bawling sandwich." Since the best part of the sandwhich is the stuff in the middle, I will focus on the "meat and cheese" of the vacation. Above is a picture of all us ON the Matunuska Glacier. That's right folks, we hiked on a glacier, and it was sooooo cool! Here are more photos of the awesomeness.


The Matunuska Glacier







Austin and Avery playing in the glacial sand










Jace has discovered "peek a boo" whenever mike says his name he thinks it's time for a game, so he was a little confused when mike just wanted to take his picture. He had a great time crawling around in the dirt and eating rocks.





After she buried her hand Avery made a "dirt angel" and said, "Hey look at my sister!"






Mike and Quinton standing on the morraine. Morraine is the debris field the glacier pushes in front of it. My dad took this picture, I love it.

High adventures on the frozen seas!

That's right folks, I'm still sportin' the Snow college gear.



Grandpa and the boys, you can see Quinton's brand new toothless grin.




There are patches of moss growing on the glacier. Grandpa calls them "glacier turds" much to the little boys delight, and since most things end with turd, so will we!

bye bye for now, I promise I will be back much sooner next post. I'm bringing back the burnin' question of the week!





















12 comments:

Meagan said...

What a cute family you have. I am glad your family was able to come and visit for a while. I am quickly realizing that life is a bit different without everyone being a couple hours away. Oh well...I guess real life is just that way sometimes. By the way, you are looking great!

King Family said...

i love the glacier turds. your parents are the best, i am sure it was a great time.

Aundrea said...

I'm glad you had a great visit! It's always nice to have the grandparents around, but I hate the aftermath of getting used to them not being there again...especially for the kids. We all need to move back:)

Strupp Family said...

Thank goodness. I was going through Maggie post withdrawels. I kept checking-and just as I was thinking it had been a long time since your last post, I saw my last post was before your last post :) But you have better stories than me. So, keep it up.

Your kids are so darn cute. I miss Avery's guts--and she needs a sister. You guys be working on that. Wow, Quinton's losing teeth and all. They're growing up!

Trevor and I were talking once again where we would go after this year, and he said something like: "I've been thinking we should go somewhere like Alaska for a couple years because they have those incentives where if you sign on for two years..." blah, blah, blah. And at first I said: Why would you waste more time? But then I thought: Maybe we could live by the Judi's for one more year. Anyway, we miss you guys. Glad you had fun with your parents. Mine are coming next week :)

Kritta22 said...

I am SO glad you have a new post! I check to see what is new in the Judi family all the time. As much as I love reading 'Two Minutes' (I read it like 15 times and laughed until I cried, each time) I'm glad to have you back!
How do you get to that glacier? We tried and got lost...drama!

The Peake Family said...

Family is the greatest! Are you guys almost done in Alaska? Hopefully you will be back to Utah soon. Jace is getting so big. I cannot believe how time flies.

Jenny said...

How great to have your parents come visit! That's great that you get to go visit a glacier. Your kids looks like they're having a great time. I love Avery's sand angel.

Mary Monster Mary said...

So fun! Looks like a blast.

Melinda said...

I can relate to Avery creating a sister out of dirt...it's hard to grow up as the only girl! But it seems like she hold her own quite well with all the rough-and-tumble boy stuff that goes on. In fact, I'll bet she's often the initiator?!! I love seeing pics of the kids. They change so fast. I'm glad you got to spend a fun vacation with your parents!

annelisa said...

I am glad that you had fun with your parents. Geoff and I will have to go to that glacier sometime. It looks like a lot of fun.

Shannon said...

That's how I felt when my parents and Brad's parents came to see us! Looks like a lot of fun.

Heather Mills said...

I can't believe how big the kids are getting! I still think about them and how much I miss my perfect Kentucky neighbors!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...