Monday, June 30, 2008

Birthday Boy

"Mmmmmm, my mom can bake!"
The Birthday Boy and his cake face!

My baby is 1. How sad is that? He woke up early this morning and I took him downstairs for breakfast with a quick stop at the couch to check the news and he fell asleep in my arms. That's a rarity for Jace, he usually fights sleeping unless he's got his blankey, his binky and his bed. I just held my sweet boy for a good 1/2 hour until big sister woke him. We had cake (which he called numma num) and presents (which he called DA cause he got a toy dog and noah and the ark set). Here are a few things about Jace to mark the occasion. Really probably boring, it's actually mostly for me.


He likes to kick off one sock and one shoe every time he sits in his high chair.

He will eat anything as long as it is covered in shredded cheese.

He loves to smile and has his daddy's huge grin.

He prefers walking.

He loves me to cuddle him and as soon as I flip him into the cradle hold his thumb goes right in his mouth. Actually he is quick enough to stick it in on the way down.

He loves dog and he barks.

He says, "doe tushhh" whenever mike and the remote are in the same vicinity.

If you lay down on the floor and loudly say "Ohh I am tired, Goodnight!" he will come and lay by
you and suck his thumb.

He adores Austin, plays doll house with Avery, and laughs with (at) Quinton.

His favorite place to be is tucked in Mike's arm when he is watering the lawn.

He loves to be outside.



15 comments:

Nicole said...

Happy Birthday Jace! I can't believe how much Jace looks like Austin!! Isn't it amazing that after one short year, they already have a distinct personality? It sounds like you'll have to get a dog one of these day (and I don't mean stuffed)!!!! We're working on the Alaska trip and hope to make it out there before you guys are gone...we've got lots to catch up on huh?!?!?

prism said...

wow! you guys sure make 'em cute!

Strupp Family said...

I love posts like this. I think their personalities are so cute and they are so different from every other baby. He does look a lot like Austin. What a cute little boy! It was good talking to you last night--Happy Birthday Jace!

Melinda said...

Happy Birthday to the big boy! He's so sweet and so cute. I love the blog of all his little personality traits. It's sad how quickly you forget those little things and how soon they change too! Now you have it written and remembered forever.

annelisa said...

Happy Birthday Jace. I hope Mike made it back early to celebrate. We really enjoyed seeing Mike! The girls were sad when we dropped him off. We went to the park and I told Mike that everyone was probably looking out their windows thinking Geoff was home.

Kritta22 said...

Happy Birthday little Man!! I can't believe how many one year olds we have around here!! It's crazy! He sure is a keeper!

Linn said...

I just had to thank you for your comment on the Bookworms blog. That modesty discussion I read was so astonishing to me, I didn't know what to think. Your thoughts were fabulous and written much more eloquently then I ever could. Even though I only know you through the book club, just wanted to say thanks.

And your blog is darling, your kids are adorable and my kids have wanted to see your moose pictures over and over. Thanks again.

Jessie said...

Happy Birthday Jace! I cannot believe how quickly that first year goes. What beautiful blue eyes he has and walking already! We are still waiting for Emmy! She still prefers to crawl!

King Family said...

i love jace....i just want to pull him out of the computer and pinch his cheeks. i love your family picture...could you gain some weight, i'm worried.

Travis and Jamie said...

Isn't it sad when they turn one! Xander's b-day is on Saturday. And I am a little sad. Ofcourse he isn't walking yet, that always makes them seem like more of a baby,and he is such a shorty. Fine now, hopefully he hits a growth spurt in middle school so that he isn't teased too much. Oh the woes that come with having short parents! :)

Brady and Kariann said...

Happy Birthday Jace!! He is so cute and getting so big.

Story Family said...

What a cute Birthday Boy!! He reminds me so much of your dad, Mags.

tris said...

happy birthday jace! How can you love someone so much you've only met once? I miss ya Mags

Marianne said...

Happy birthday Jace. You are so cute and I love your blue eyes. (where did they come from???) Can't wait to see you in September.

Meagan said...

By the way, I didn't notice before that Jace has blue eyes. What a cutie!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...