Monday, July 7, 2008

Summary of a Weekend






From John Adams to Abigail Adams on July 3, 1776:
"It ought to be commemorated as the Day of Deliverance by solemn Acts of Devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with Pomp and Parade, with Shews, Games, Sports, guns, Bells, Bonfires and Illuminations from one end of this Continent to the other from this Time forward forever more. You will think me transported with Enthusiasm but I am not. I am well aware of the Toil and Blood and Treasure, that it will cost Us to maintain this Declaration, and support and defend these States. Yet through all the Gloom I can see the Rays of ravishing Light and Glory. I can see that the End is more than worth all the Means. And that Posterity will tryumph in that Day's Transaction, even altho We should rue it, which I trust in God We shall not."
Because of our glorious sunshine, regular old "illuminations" are somewhat impossible to enjoy, so I made these. And we had some "games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires and Illuminations" of our own!

7 comments:

King Family said...

you are a true patriot.

Kritta22 said...

such a cute idea, your friend. Keep her around! :) Your Avery is SOO a little you!

Melinda said...

I guess I'll never get over how beautiful Alaska is. And how cute your kids are.

Travis and Jamie said...

You always have the best quotes on your blog. I love the pictures, so beautiful there. And I can't believe how long Avery's hair is. She is so big. We just saw the Almonds, and although Jacob and Lydia and Avery are all the same age, I am amazed at how much they have grown.

Meagan said...

That picture of ?Jace? on the bridge is gorgeous. I love green and water. So pretty. Maybe someday we'll get to enjoy the beauties of Alaska

Jami said...

I'm so jealous of all these fabulous places you are getting to visit. So beautiful!

LaVaun Story said...

What beautiful pictures! Alaska must be amazing. That waterfall!! And what a great quote. I'm going to have to copy and file that one away.
Such adorable kiddies!

This is Kellie Story, using my mother-in-law's computer....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...