Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Signs you're a Boyle or "Ode to a branch of my fam"

Instead of chuckling, you make a noise that sounds suspiciously like the phonetical version of the letter T.

Your nose gets sweaty.

You say clift instead of cliff.

You don't believe having one arm qualifies as a handicap.

You've spent a sunday afternoon reading the national geographic, salt lake tribune, deseret news and san juan record from cover to cover.

You consider Chilicothe Missouri and Lonoke Arkansas as Mecca.

You laugh at really dumb jokes. And your not just being polite.

You've eaten 7 of Lynda's Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies, and begged for more.

You've licked Aunt Cassie's homemade ranch off your little fist.

You have really cute kids. ( I mean seriously people there is not a homely one in the bunch.)

You've wept on a golf course.

You are a genius in the fundamentals of sports but lack the ability to physically interpret it properly. (exceptions: Haley, all of us who run, and golf)

You've ever written or starred in a "home-made" play.

14 comments:

tris said...

I didn't know sweaty noses ran in the family...so that explains it. I always thought I was a freak of nature.

King Family said...

continuous "t"s are coming from my mouth. glad you didn't include the famous bowel problems though...maggie-your middle name is hilarious.

Scott and Haley said...

Mags Thanks for always being able to make me laugh! There are days when it is much needed. There is one Boyle trait I think you missed and that would be the fasination with names. I think everytime Dad, Bill and Doug get together they make up stupid names and laugh about them for hours!

mags said...

What if your Last name was Mungus and your parents named you Hugh.

Kritta22 said...

Wow...those are some interesting facts about your family...do your kids' noses sweat?

Scott and Haley said...

You got it! I also had to chuckle when you made the clift/cliff comment. At first I didn't get it then I laughed out loud because I said cliff in my mind and it came out clift! I never noticed that before.

Scott and Haley said...

Dad's new one is Bogus Boyle (it is really a zit!)

tris said...

oh and I thought of another one... "Mirror Lookers" just admit it everyone, I have, and I feel so much better.

mags said...

I was seriously going to put that! Mike caught me this morning.

Emilee said...

I love the Boyles! I love that Boyle family! I can testify to the "home-made" plays (even a home-made opera--do you remember "Salsa"?), and I'll eat Aunt Lynda's cookies with the best of them. Can I claim honorary Boyle status?

LaVaun Story said...

The Boyle's are a bunch that definitely deserve an ode. So funny!

This is Kellie again...

Jamie said...

so i realize i am clueless about half of the things on this list, but they are hilarious anyhow!!!!

mags said...

I think it is well known that we accept any and all Anderson's as honorary Boyle's! Especially Lyle Anderson's.

tris said...

hey mags I miss you more than you know...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...