Monday, April 6, 2009

a confession, and some hope


I think a bout losing weight and changing my body every day. I've told you before that I am vain. I guess being a woman surrounded by unrealistic body parts plastered everywhere from lengerie stores to burger king commercials, we tend to worry incessantly about said body parts. i made a mental list recently about things i would change about my war torn body. all it did was grow! it didn't satisfy me to say, "if I could just tuck one thing it would be........" cause as soon as i had a mental picture of a tummy tuck, all i could see was my dehydrated bosom!! once i had mentally "corrected" the chest area, I mentally noticed my slight double chin. it never ends, and now I am mental.
There is a voice of reason out there. I true champion of womanly shapes and curves.
She talks with such conviction and positivity about wearing our precious bodies with pride and even dare I say, pleasure. It's true. She's got the key to looking at yourself in the mirror, and NOT THINKING about it again for the rest of the day! when's the last time you did that?
We have given birth, eaten too many cookies (it does wonders for my soul, okay?), we've skipped the gym for playing polly pockets all morning, we've eaten nachos at 10:30 p.m cause that's when the hubs likes to eat, all these things make us the kind, giving women we are. Now get out your meausring tape, embrace your body type, and go shopping. you now have permission to fall in love with those stretch marks like the battle scars they are. rock on and then give yourself a break!

7 comments:

Kritta22 said...

Oh I wish I had the cash!!!

I can't wait until Spring so I can loose this Winter Weight! (At least that's what I"m calling it!)

Strupp Family said...

Here here. How's your husband? How sad that I sit by Trevor when he's talking to Mike on the phone so I can hear all about what you guys are doing. :) Now, you need to move to Montana. You should join Trevor's practice and we'll make it a partnership, K? We just need to build a new building, but don't worry, they'll be plenty busy.

tris said...

amen sista...i was thinking about my "proof that i have 4 children" this morning, and i did "embrace" it in my fist and cursed its hold on my perception of myself. i think that in theory...embracing our battle wounds is very courageous and modest...but i know i'll always be too vain to really feel that way. i tried to call you a couple of times...sorry about mike...man you guys sure know how to screw up my summer plans:)

Mary Monster Mary said...

First get rid of TV and never watch movies. Then you'll start feeling better. No magazines either and some books are questionable. I say this as I sit at my computer fully aware that my prized 6 pack is now a fluffy muffin top. Believe it or not I once had some really nice abs.

I'm a pear but now I'm morphing into a pear/apple but with those dehydrated boobs you mentioned. What does that make me? A papple? Regardless hours of polly pockets and extra cookies are really what's important. I mean really what if you had the perfect body but never ate a cookie or never put off working out to play polly pockets. That would be soooo boring.

This is a fun post. I'd actually measure myself but you see my little silent and deadly ninjas have high jacked my yard stick, broken all my rulers and cut my two tape measures. I'm left a lone woman to guess at my true dimensions. Life could be worse. :)

Adriann said...

Mags I'd have plastic surgery so fast if i didn't think I would die on the table as a just punishment for my self absorbed attitude. Then Brian would have to put "She died in vain" on my headstone. Hope all is well and you have forgiven me for bugging you about coming home. Although I agree with Tris that you all know how to ruin summer plans!

Emilee said...

I find that if you just roll those dehydrated boobs up like a piece of fruit leather, they look almost round and luscious in a good bra. :)

Nicole said...

I talk about getting plastic surgery. Nothing too drastic mind you. Unfortunately, that's all it is... talk. I don't know if I'm brave enough to measure myself, but I will try harder to embrace the real me, muffin top and all, and maybe dust the jogger off (oh, and fix the flat), and enjoy a jog in the warm spring air. That always makes me feel better. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...