Sunday, February 14, 2010

choices

mike sent the kids books from iraq. the cool thing is they come with a dvd of him reading the books. so they get some special one on one time with dad, even though he is miles away. he reads them the stories and interjects with comments about the parts he thinks they like the best, or how crazy the picture of the author looks, or a promise he will read the story to them for real once he gets home.
when we are done watching the dvd's austin turns to me and says, "you made a good wedding choice."
yes, i did.

12 comments:

Scott and Haley said...

very sweet. I am sure it brought tears to the eyes. I did to me and I was just reading about it! Happy Valentines Day. We love you.

Kirsten said...

He's an insightful young man.

Mary Monster Mary said...

oh now that is sweet. Missed you guys today. Glad the books were a hit. My kids loved that too.

KT said...

So heart wrenching.

Team Burtenshaw said...

Love it! (mike made an amazing wedding choice for you too I'd say)

Shannon said...

Haha! So cute and sweet.

Kritta22 said...

LOL I LOVE it!!!!!

Adri said...

So, so sweet!

Meagan said...

One of the best ideas I've heard of. I really enjoy Austin's comments.

Nicole said...

That my dear is completely priceless.

april said...

That is such a great idea!

Emilee said...

Awesome. And what an amazing idea from Mike. That is a treasure forever.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...