Tuesday, June 15, 2010

what is up?

we've already had our 80 degree day here in AK. it's a rare thing, so we turned on some sprinklers, as evidenced by austin's shirtless state.
mike and i had our first night time bike ride. this pic was taken at about 10:00 p.m. about five minutes after mike took this shot of me, we were riding and mike said, "i've never seen any wild life on this trail. (all the while i am talking loud and non stop to scare away bears) and then about 6 minutes after mike took this picture of me, (which i gotta tell you piggy tails are not my best idea ever) we saw a BLACK BEAR running down the trail!! He was about 100 yards away, and running fast, so mike wouldn't let me turn around and run. which i am glad for. cause we didn't get eaten, and i have a good story to tell. man it was awesome.
princess avery and her daddy were invited to the neighborhood "princesses and daddies ball" avery had the time of her life. there was dancing and food. Mike said that avery combined both into her experience by dancing with one hand and holding delicious crackers in the other. 1,2,3...twirl... and eat....
austin and Mike have taken in some golf. they couldn't wait. it's golf day today and it's windy and rainy. so say your prayers that the sun comes out for them. it's important.
sunday was beautiful! we bbq'ed and ate outside and wrestled dad on the grass. jace loves a good grass eating.

8 comments:

Team Burtenshaw said...

Those golf days ARE important!...love your pigtails, glad you didn't get eaten, and love that you are all enjoying that man of yours being home!

Mary Monster Mary said...

I'm so glad to see everyone's enjoying dad being home. Sounds like a fun bike ride, where'd you go? I need to convince my mike to go on a bike ride with me. I don't think he considers it a date option but I do. Glad you didn't get eaten, especially after hearing about that scare in moose crossing.

Jessie said...

let me just say, joy is pouring out of my computer screen seeing your family! Hooray for the amazing Judi's, I'm glad you're not too popular for us nerds. he he he

Jessie said...

I love that you were riding your bikes at 10pm and it looks like early evening! We are so lucky to have that in the summer! It is light here till 10 as well but not that light! I guess that bear had somewhere to be considering he left you alone!

Strupp Family said...

I'm glad you didn't get eaten by a bear and that Mike didn't let you run away :) Also, I love that picture of Mike and Jace--makes me cry a little again...not really, but if I were feeling emotional right now, I definitely would. Also, I think you look cute with pigtails. But I also think you are the epitome of style so anything you wear is cute.

PS Yep, we did decide to get a van when I got pregnant with Jason. The trailblazer just wasn't going to hold all those kids--you understand.

Jenny said...

What fun! It'd be so great to go biking at night. I'm glad you have a nice bear story to tell (I'm a little freaked out by bears, so I'm glad you didn't get eaten). A princess ball -- how fun! Jack would love the golfing. Can't wait until we see you guys soon!

Haven said...

The first picture of Avery....It's like someone took you and shrank you down. Looks, personality, everything...

Marilyn Lewis said...

Do you all sing "I'm so Glad when Daddy comes home" non-stop! EVeryone certainly looks happy...including Daddy & Mom!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...