Sunday, October 28, 2007

Dumbledore in my mind

I am sure you all have heard what JK Rowling said about Dumbledore by now. When I finished book seven, I was so pleased with the way it ended and was written, so I was totally bummed when I heard that. It all seemed tainted to me. I mean come on, she wrote it for kids. A great series of books that didn't even go there, a safe haven for kids to explore deep emotions and stories, without the heaviness of private things. My sister in law e-mailed me this article. I love what he has to say about all the halluballoo (sp) because he eloquently states what I was thinking when I heard JK Rowling messed it all up. please read: http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/ent/stories/DN-rowlingcolumn_1024gl.State.Edition1.2292bdc.html
Dumbledore is now mine, to be what ever I dream up. Ahhhh I feel better now.

6 comments:

Travis and Jamie said...

What on earth made her make that comment??? I would have never even questioned his orientation. (sp) So wrong that she did that!!!!

Melinda said...

You put it pretty well too. I like reading your blog, you're good at "turning a phrase".

Deanna said...

Okay, Maggie, I had NO IDEA what you were talking about, so I clicked on the link and all I can say is I'M SO SHOCKED! What the heck?! I was fuming when I read it, and immediately told Ron about it, who just about flipped. Why would she do something like that? Did she really miss the limelight that badly? I hope my kids never hear about this. What a way to ruin a happy ending to a great series...

Adri said...

Mags...totally agree with you, and the author of the article. Thanks for sharing the link!

Pam said...

It was totally uncalled for. I wonder who paid her money to say that. It has to be on someones agenda to get sexual orientation more exposed and out there for young minds to be confused about. I was flamed that she even needed to say that.

Jami said...

Okay so where have I been? I didn't know you were in Alaska! Awesome! I, too, think JK Rowling is an idiot with a very creative mind. I like the article, though.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...