Monday, July 20, 2009

if you ever get the chance to play dodge ball...... take it.

If you happened to catch my turn on segullah, you'll smile at the significance of this post. I spent a day with Q and all his cub scout buddies at Camp Carlquist. My arm is sore, my back aches, and it's not from hiking with a heavy pack. One of the activities was dodgeball, chaperones and leaders vs. cubs. about 40 of them. i haven't had so much fun in some time. pegging 8 year olds with rubber balls suits me. i'm telling you people, seek out a game of dodge, you'll have joyful memories for years to come! The most joyful noise i've ever heard came when a leader yelled, "JAILBREAK!" and all those little boys let out shouts of pure happiness as they ran back into the frey, it sorta reminded me of a battle cry of victory. it was awesome.




After crafting their own rubber swords, the campers got to chase their leader all over camp. they were shouting, "CHARGE!" as they went.





Q as an archer


Lining up for the call to arms in dodgeball.....ahhh the anticipation.

canoeing, q claims that the bottom of this lake is "pure quicksand"

7 comments:

Heidi said...

Awesome pics again! I love reading your blogs! :)

Nicole said...

Looks like pure joy

Marilyn Lewis said...

I love cub scouts! What is more fun than a bunch of little boys running around with play swords? You are such a great Mom!!

Crafty Momma said...

I'm so glad I found your blog!! How are you? Alaska is so beautiful! Do you like it there? I can't believe how big your kids are getting!

Mary Monster Mary said...

I'm kinda sad Jack didn't go this year. We sorta figured we'd have a few more years to do this and we weren't sure about visiting fmaily either. It sounds like it was lots of fun though. So glad you were able to go for a day. THanks.

Strupp Family said...

That looks like so much fun, and I think you're the coolest mom ever!

I'm glad you've enjoyed aftco like we did :) You work on Mike about Livingston...tell him Colorado might as well be Utah in the way of dentists. :)

Kritta22 said...

i can't wait to play at camp with Connor!!! Just think, you have two more and Girls camp in years to come!

You are one lucky girl!!

I firmly believe that camp is for mom's!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...