Wednesday, July 29, 2009

a coupla' tutorials

i used my heather bailey fabric for just this skirt from made. dana has great fabulous wonderful tutorials on sewing. great tips like zigzagging my edges(duh) and i think i'm gonna make bunches of these skirts, sew easy, sew cute, (sew cliche).i'm a teeny bit sad that i believed me when i told myself that the ivory background woulnd't clash with my white fabric. it does. a little. hence the white monogram, had to try and tie it all in. now i know for next time right?
saw this pillow in a few spots around the blogosphere so after fiddling around i decided a shabby ruffle pillow was doable. just cute some 1.5 inch fabric strips, gathered, pinned and sewed them on to my pillow fabric, and sewed up the pillow. easy peasy.


next up, i'm going to figure out this pillow from pottery barn and then i'll share

6 comments:

Pam said...

Love the pillow. I may have to try that at a later date.

Mary Monster Mary said...

I think the skirt is adorable! Your pillow turned out better then my attempts to make a different pillow for my same ol'couch. Somet things just make sense like ironing and pinning even when you don't feel like it. :) You've done well my friend.

Travis and Jamie said...

Love the pillow!! The skirt doesn't work for me. Well...I shouldn't say that. It MAY. I guess we'll find out in a couple of weeks. Although I think this is boy number four.

Eardley Fam said...

What great projects. I think my little Ava needs a skirt like that! Too bad I don't sew...but you are inspiring me to learn!!

Nicole said...

Holy shamwow! Is that pottery barn pillow really $50???

The skirt is adorable.

Kirsten said...

I love that skirt! I've been thinkging how cute it is for weeks now, every time she wears it to church. I should come over and get lessons :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...