Thursday, September 3, 2009

it's time


ahhh.....the leaves are on their way to yellow, there's a brisk coolness to the air... and college football is kicking off this weekend. Autumn is my bestest season. here's some other good things that are floatin' 'round my brain.

- sweatshirts and jeans. i need a new one. of each. maybe a byu one. or maybe this one at ae. and does anyone know where i can find some decent jeans? that aren't dirty looking? that aren't momish? that aren't like a hundred dollars?

- these shoes from anthro. i actually hate that place 'cause like i'm ever gonna spend that much, but maybe one day i'll catch clearance on time. after all my feet deserve such luxury....right?


- punkin's the orange kind and the jace kind. the little toddler has just learned how to climb out of his crib. he's into everything, he says no a lot, he worships avery and will be her pet dog all day, and he is talking up a storm. he told me today that he needed to watch, "yardigan's quick!"
oh and about the orange kind, i scored two boxes of tiny ones on clearance last year at target. gonna fill up some hurricanes with them quick.

-Q&A are back in school which actually kinda makes me sad, believe it or not. i made it through the entire summer without saying, "i can't wait until you go back to school!" so the day before school starts, I take 'em all for a bike ride. the bike ride is full of whining so we stopped at a park. Q was full of, shall we say...spice that day and he was trying to push me down the slide and spit on people from up on the bridge and just generally bothering everyone. but i'm handling it patiently just like i have all summer. and all of the sudden little girl starts screaming like bats are attacking her, she's writhing in pain and i think it has somthing to do with her fingers but she will not stop screeching so i can find out.
so the park is covered in these little tiny pebbles, which is fun when you are bored and you can look for pretty ones, but not fun when your toddler decides to pelt you and screaming sister with them. after a few handfulls of this, Q decides to twirl A around like a rag doll until A falls down crying in frustration. this is when mom becomes unglued. to put it nicely. all the frustrations of a long summer complicated by surgeries and recoveries and 4 crazy kids to keep entertained and away from the wii and the tv, just sort of... exploded forth from my brain. and the whole nieghborhood got a really entertaining and colorfully verbalized display. so much for keeping my cool.
it was really quite a fun and adventorous summer, if i just could've survived that last day......

9 comments:

Nicole said...

Love Love Love the yellow shoes! I want them.

You poor thing. here you are planning a fun back to school celebration and that is what you get? Well, at least you can find comfort that when the kids look back in 20 years they'll not remember the fun nor the havoc they reeked...but the melt down you had. *sigh* why is it always that way? “Hey mom, remember when you had that melt down at the park?” LOL

Marilyn Lewis said...

Amen to what Nicole said! WE traveled all around Europe with our 4 doing all the wonderful cultural things that would make them knowledgeable interesting people and what do they always say when we talk about Italy, "Remember when Mom threw the big big fit by the Leaning Tower of Pisa!!!" Then they laugh and laugh and laugh!

Emilee said...

I love the yellow shoes too. And I've had good luck with Target jeans. . . sometimes. You just have to try them all out.
I'm impressed you only had one meltdown this summer. My kids would probably say that my favorite phrase is, "You know what? I'm done. Duuuuuh-uuuuuuhn."

Jessie said...

I totally love the yellow shoes! I think I need a pair! My kids started back this week thank goodness! As for jeans sorry no luck from me here as I am in Canada and shopping is way different! When I am shopping in the states I tend to find the deals at TJ Maxx. Just got some cute Levi's for $15.

Haven said...

Maggie, pat yourself on the back-you made it the entire summer amd provided enertainment for the masses. It's a win-win situation. Also- I looked everywhere for affordable,cute jeans, finally gave up and then came across a pair (L.E.I.brand) at wal-mart. They really do have everything in that store. If you find some there do I get a prize?

Meagan said...

Wow. If you only blew up the once all summer long...I need to study you. It is most impressive. I can't believe Jace is so big. I still think of him as a baby.

Mary Monster Mary said...

I love fall and I feel your pain. The whole ungluing part just stinks, especially when there are witnesses. You're a great mom and we all come unglued from time to time. Just ask my kids, wait you've probably witnessed it before. :)

Nicole said...

I vote for year-round school for the mere fact of saving all of us from having meltdowns in public places. But since that won't happen anytime soon, I'm glad for "tomorrows" when you can actually laugh at your mistakes and know that even though it may not be forgotten, at least all is forgiven.
As for the jeans...I've really liked Express jeans lately, and they're actually pretty affordable. If you're not into their jeans you HAVE to own a pair of their Editor pants...trust me on that one. :)

Brian and Martha said...

I say a prayer and go to Goodwill and the Salvation Army (after I know a few brands I love and what size I need/want). I find something that works. So, for $12, I got 2 pairs of Buckle Jeans and a pair of AE jeans (My friend says that is one of the blessings of paying tithing- finding stuff at rumages and thrift stores).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...