Saturday, February 28, 2009

rocker chicks playlist




i'm not much of a music buff. although i'm a sucker for american idol and must have my little ipod shuffle if i'm going to run, and have been practicing the piano everyday for a week. when that 16 year old girl sang "alone" on ai this week i had an epiphany: all my favorite songs and most of my playlist are from 80s rocker chicks. i love heart. i love roxette, tina turner, the bangles, pat benatar is my fave, and belinda carlise's "total eclipse of the heart" used to be my favorite song ever.


i saw pat benatar and martina mcbride sing "we belong" (my new fave) together here's the link. it'll make your day.


here's a few more i love.

i get weak (might be my fave) belinda carlise
mad about you belinda carlise
listen to your heart roxette
it must of been love roxette
simply the best tina turner
what you get is what you see tina turner
private dancer tina turner (just kidding i hate this song, do yourself a favor and NEVER listen to it)
manic monday bangles (no news here. doesn't everyone love this song?)
will you be there heart
alone heart
all i wanna do is make love to you heart (can we get a better title? how embarassing)

and now you know my secret fantasy to have big bangs, jordache jeans and a scratchy voice. and you also know that i am old and somewhat dated and adverse to change.




7 comments:

Jessie said...

Must be that time because I totally agree! I also have to add Warrior to the list by Pat Benetar. Always makes me feel better after listening to it!

Mary Monster Mary said...

Ha ha, that's great! I love the picture too because who doesn't love wearing leotards? :) I'm a bit dated myself. Way to go on practising the piano.

Story Family said...

American Idol, Represent! I've been hooked since season one. And, while I mostly laugh at anything 80's (okay, and cringe) I do love Warrior. Good call Jessie.

Eardley Fam said...

I totally agree! I loved that American Idol performance and it got me thinking of some of my old favorites. Chad has a whole 80's playlist on his ipod that we break out alot lately. Now I think I will be singing Heart all day today!

mags said...

how could i forget "tearin' down the walls of heartache...bang bang?"
i'm adding warrior pat benatar
to the list!!!

Nicole said...

I think it's time to revive my side pony-tail and leg warmers and work up a nice "shimmer" to some great 80's music. Love the post Mags!!

Jessie said...

Yes, rocker chicks hold a piece of my heart! I rock out to this song at the top of my lungs quite often. If you haven't heard it, it was #1 all over the UK and Australia and such. My sister shared it with me and I am so in love with it. Just change the words to "I wish I was a 80's rocker with scrunchies in my hair". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLEoxUf-KUM&playnext_from=PL&feature=PlayList&p=3A964E75BC6FE03D&playnext=1&index=29

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...