Monday, February 16, 2009

it's so cold in alaska that icicles grow up from the ground

....not really. our air vents are just above this spot, and the dripping condensation forms a stalagtite (or is it stalagmite?) of sorts on the ground. don't you love avery's pose. not really camera shy is she?




our primary had a fun carnival for the kids. they had cotton candy, face painting, snow cones, they made valentines, and cookies, had a paper airplane flying contest, and snow ball fights with soft rubber balls. It was so organized and well put together, we had a great time!
guess what color of snow cone avery chose.

can you see austin's sugar slobber on his shirt? he was in heaven. i once caught him licking sugar off of the counter.

quinton got some squirt guns from the fish pond. i've been squirted several times. once i was cleaning the kitchen and wondered to myself what i sat in that was wet, only to turn around and see quinton laughing at my confusion.





jace had a great time watching the chaos!











7 comments:

Jenny said...

I love Avery's pose. Where do little girls learn how to pose? The primary activity looks like fun. Your kids are all growing up. how did your granola turn out?

Jessie said...

I truly would believe that icicles grow up from the ground! I think they could here too! It has been cold enough!

tris said...

hey...i will call tomorrow. mom finally got mad at me for how horrible i am at calling. sorry. quinton looks like a serious young man now, i can't believe it. make sure he remembers me! half my kids are sick so maybe i'll have some down time tomorrow. i have to tell you every time i see a picture of avery it freeks me out a little it is like, "trisdan...i've shrunk the maggie!" that was horrible...i apologize.

Haven said...

Mags, Avery reminds me of someone I know...not just the looks either. I can't believe how big they're all getting. Seems like only yesterday that Quinton was yelling,"No!" everytime I walked in the room. And no, I still don't have a blog and never will. Love me in spite of this.

Mary Monster Mary said...

I'm so glad you thought it was organized. It's one of my weaknesses, of course that's why I have counselors right? They are so wonderful. I thought it was fun too. Sorry for the wet bum. I should have thought twice before buying those little guns. Oops that was the fun side of me not the mom side that purchased those.

Ben and Sarah said...

Hello Mags,

your kids are gettin gianormus. I agree with tris. Quinton is alittle man from the shoulders down. His face hasnt changed since he was 24 lbs at 4 months. Hehehehehe. Love ya mags

Nicole said...

What a great idea for a primary activity! I'll have to file that away somewhere...
I can't believe how big Austin is and Avery is pretty much the cutest thing ever!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...