Friday, May 22, 2009

last minute teacher gifts

ingredients

chalk board paint
easel target $4
ceramic plate of some sort, this one was $4 at wal-mart

I wasn't to thrilled with the paint. i just got some in a jar, the application wasn't as smooth as i imagined. i reccommend chalkboard spray paint! just cover the edges and then you should get an even surface and a nice clean edge. it was easy though, and if you can find a cool plate at a thrift store, it can be even cheaper!
ps my camera skills are lacking. i think mike needs a big expensive camera for his b-day!

5 comments:

prism said...

cute! I love how creative you are.

Kritta22 said...

You have such great ideas!

Millie @ The Busy Butlers said...

Wow! What a great idea - where do you come up with this stuff???

Emilee said...

I love that. I saw it somewhere--where did you find that idea?--and thought it was adorable. But I've never worked with chalkboard paint and was scared away. Yours, however, turned out beautiful. Your kids have some lucky teachers.

Mary Monster Mary said...

You're so nice. I didn't do anything. Well we had one teacher over for dinner but that's it. I thought about it but didn't put it into action.
Way to go Maggie. You're just a ball of creativity. You must read your scriptures a lot cause that's supposed to make you more creative right? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...