Monday, January 18, 2010

gratitude

your support is overwhelming! thank ya'll so much for your well wishes and prayers. we are at 6 weeks. and life is busy and we are doing well. I really have to say, (and i'm not just trying to prove my spirituality here) that your prayers are bouying us up and we are so grateful.

here's what life has given us lately.

this time of year is a little rough in these parts. it's cold and dark. we don't see actual rays of sunlight until about 10:30 and sunset is at 4:00. which is actually an improvement on the 3:30 time a month ago. even so, what a beautiful "evening." (took this picture at about 2:30 p.m.) alaskan's go outside for relief from cabin fever, even when it's 19 degrees out. (which for us is actually quite warm.)

our nieghbor and avery and austin's mutual good buddy, giving jace a love. we went out side to explore a snow fort the boys have been working on. avery and jace and travis loved it.

the snow tunnel and my girl.
the little guy has discovered tv. (i blame uncle g, he has a spongebob habit.) it inevitably happens to all my kids, still one more milestone for the baby that makes me sad to see. but the fact that no one has ever looked so cute "watchin' a show" makes it a little easier to swallow.

5 comments:

Aundrea said...

You are one tough cookie, Mags!

And, personally, I have a Sponge Bob problem too as I sit and watch with my kids...that guy is such a good example of always looking on the bright side:)

Another SB story...In the Dollar Tree the other day, my five year old goes up to the cashier and in her Patrick voice says, "Hi, how are ya? Wonderful weather we're having isn't it?"

Lisa said...

Who can blame Jace? Spongebob is funny to the highly intelligent people. There are some episodes that I hear playing in the background that crack me up every time: i.e. The Snail Olympics one, the one where Squidward is trying to get his house on the House Fancy TV show, and the list goes on.

Hang in there Maggie. I know it can seem like forever.

Kirsten said...

Man your uncle Gunther sure is a bad influence on your kids!!! I can't believe you let him live with you. At least you have someone to blame, I blame the lack of sunlight for my kids tv watching habits.

Team Burtenshaw said...

My kids have movie watching habbits, and we live in AZ :) You have always been a great example to me... for that I say thank YOU!

Mary Monster Mary said...

Jace is too cute! love the snow pictures too. Glad Uncle G is such a great influence. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...