Monday, December 7, 2009

would you like to send the most gorgeous christmas cards you can buy... for only $. 09?


So... I cruise esty. It's like e-bay for the handmade obssesive compulsive. And i found a bunch of different people who make up christmas cards. you know like the kind you buy at wal-mart or shutterfly or other places for around .55 cents each. after buying a giant .41 cent stamp (seriously, 41 cents?) It's lookin' to be about a dollar a piece to send to family and friends. let's change that.

Andrea Gerig has the best designs on etsy. trust my hours of searching here people. I sent her a picture, she sent me a finished card, I uploaded it to wal-marts photo site and paid 9 cents for each card. I bought 45 cards (and maybe i'll need more...they are seriously so cute.) Andrea charges $12.00 for each design, and I get to keep it forever. That works out to be about a quarter per card. so even with the printing costs I still saved at least 2 dimes per card! and it's not generic, and i don't have to pay shipping. we all win here people. you get a cute card in the mail, and i get a deal. so go over and check Andrea out, and you won't even have to write a braggy christmas letter to go with your card because your custom designed card will do all the braggin' for you.

3 comments:

Scott and Haley said...

Oh I wish I hadn't been so on the ball this year and already ordered mine. I got mine $.38 at walmart and they are coming straight to my house sometime this week. I can't wait to see yours!

Marilyn Lewis said...

I hope I get one of my very own with a picture of your cute family!

Nicole said...

Maggie...that is so funny that you posted about this because I've been cruising etsy for the perfect card too. I've spent two days now and think I found one, but am going to check this place out right now...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...