Wednesday, December 30, 2009

just for fun. 100 dresses.

i'm not usually an awards show watcher. not much into very rich and famous and loony people praising their "work" sure it's hard work and they are good at it... but try scraping boogers of elementary school desks sometime. that's real dedication to your job. i do, however, look at the pictures of the dresses online the next day. it's sort of as close to playing dress up as a 3o ish mom can get. so i was very excited when my boredom was cured late last night when i found this: a list of the 100 best dresses of the decade. admittedly, these dresses are obviously things i'd never wear, but as a project runway junky, i love to see what people create and some of them are so beautiful. a few of my favorites:








so now i'm wondering what you think? which dress takes you back to when you were five years old playing in your mom's high heels, trying on your grandma's big sparkly ring? i spent most of my time either playing with trucks in the mud or pretending to be a fancy lady. ironic huh.
....so, humor me?! click here and browse the dresses and tell me the ones you like in the comments? In a few days i'll collect your loves and post the results. please schedule in some time wasting. trust me, it's going to be fun.

10 comments:

Bench Family said...

I'm always in for some time wasting... I love the dress Reese Witherspoon is in. I don't think it takes me back to when I played dress up.... but it is incredible! So simple, but elegant.

Bench Family said...

I liked this one too:

http://www.instyle.com/instyle/package/general/photos/0,,20322779_20327331_20704905,00.html

Logan said...

I like #75 of Ellen Pompeo in 2007. I also like the Emma Watson one you posted. But I was sad to see the list did not include my favorite awards show dress of the decade:

Bjork's swan dress. #1.

LauschHouse said...

love eva menendez's(?) dress! I think she is soooo beautiful...someday i shall look like that!!! Ha, Ha, Ha!

Shan said...

Mags, since I'm getting older, more wrinkley? and saggy all I can say is I just wish my body looked like theirs!!!!!!! I guess the dresses were ok too.

Kritta22 said...

I like numbers 41, 18 and 1...top 3. I never really played dress up...I was more into playing with frogs! LOL

Abby said...

Hi Maggie! I scrolled thru them and picked these.... 8, 34, 54, 61, 75, and 77. Guess I'm kinda easy to please! lol Course if I had their bodies, I'd actually FIT into those beautiful dresses!

Meagan said...

I looked at these with Brooklyn...it was very funny. Her favorite was Jessica Parker's "Pink One" http://www.instyle.com/instyle/package/general/photos/0,,20322779_20327331_20705092,00.html
My favorites were #1 with Kate hudson and I liked the white Gwen Stefani one.

Adriann said...

I will admit that a look into the great and spacious buidling is entertaining once and awhile. #1, 27, 29, 42, 45, and 87 I like. Belly laughed at Gwen Stefani and her feather duster purse! Talk about the emperor being naked!

Becks said...

Hey Maggie...how are you?!?!? I was just cruising through Franki's blog and saw this blog and thought to myself...could that be Maggie Boyle?!?!? Have I found my long lost DIVINE SISTER?!?!? How have you been? It's great to see you...I do have a blog, but it is private...if you would like an invite, send me your e-mail...rebeccahughes@sjc.ceu.edu

Take care!

Becky Hall Hughes

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...